From: Dean Michael C. Berris (dmberris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-27 05:40:04

Hi everyone,

I recently ran into a problem with Boost.Asio while using a slightly
modified version of the HTTP 2 example server. The debugger trace
(attached) shows where a segfault had occurred in the code.

The short of it is that when ~wrapped_handler is called, the call to
boost::detail::atomic_exchange_and_add fails when
boost::detail::sp_counted_base::release is invoked. It occurs when a
handler_wrapper is deleted/destructed (~handler_wrapper is called) in
the strand_service.

I'm just wondering what could be causing this -- it's worth noting that
under not-so-heavy load, the problem does not manifest itself; but soon
enough when the load on the server goes up (more incoming connections)
the server crashes consistently.

Any pointers where I should be looking? I'm using Boost.Trunk revision
number 43296.

--
Dean Michael Berris
Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.