From: Jason Turner (lefticus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-27 17:29:37

Some ASIO test code is crashing in a way that I do not understand. GDB is
unable to debug it (no stack available on crash) and the error is a rather
obtuse "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
information."

Test code which crashes:

#include <boost/asio/ip/address.hpp>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
  std::cout << boost::asio::ip::address::from_string("1.1.2.3") <<
std::endl;
}

By changing the asio file included, the code no longer crashes:

#include <boost/asio.hpp>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
  std::cout << boost::asio::ip::address::from_string("1.1.2.3") <<
std::endl;
}

This is windowsxp professional, gcc version 4.2.1-dw2. I'm unable to test
this on Linux at the moment, so I do not know if it affects other platforms.

-Jason

--
http://emptycrate.com Games, Programming, Travel & other stuff