From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-02 00:11:29

On Jun 30, 2008, at 12:33 PM, David Walthall wrote:

> Daryle Walker wrote:
>> 5. Once we transition fully to 1.5, members should branch/merge
>> with the native-1.5 system for NEW branches. Members with 1.4-
>> clients need to upgrade to a 1.5-client to have merge control[1].
>> Existing branches should retain the 1.4/svnmerge system (so 1.5-
>> clients need to download the script), but should wrap up their
>> lifetimes as soon as possible to reduce the mix of branch/merge
>> systems. (I don't think members should kill a 1.4/svnmerge system
>> and immediately resurrect it as native-1.5.)
>
> Once we fully transition to 1.5, we can use svnmerge-migrate-
> history.py to convert svnmerge.py's history to the 1.5 merge
> history format:
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/client-side/svnmerge/
> svnmerge-migrate-history.py

I talked about this in point #4. I warned that the script is one-
way; that every Boost member that uses merge control _must_ switch to
the 1.5 APIs after the repository is converted away from svnmerge. I
don't know how strict we can be on that, so I suggested to make new
merging branches in the 1.5 format, but keep any outstanding 1.4/
svnmerge branches as-is. (And any older-style merging branches
should be wrapped up as soon as possible.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie