From: Michael Marcin (mike.marcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-02 12:50:08

Christopher Kohlhoff wrote:
> Michael Marcin wrote:
>
>> For instance the design section says:
>>
>> "To allow the development of efficient network applications,
>> Boost.Asio includes support for scatter-gather operations"
>>
>> But not why or how these make network applications more efficient.
>
> I have to consider this out of scope for the asio documentation, at
> least for now. If I included that sort of material it would add hundreds
> of pages, and there's already plenty of excellent literature available
> (e.g. Stevens).

I agree however if there are ways to use the library that are more
efficient than the obvious way I feel some further information should be
included in the documentation. For instance a link to a website or a
reference to a book that supports and explains the efficiency claim
would be sufficient and appreciated in this case.

Thanks,

Michael Marcin