From: Chris Newbold (Chris.Newbold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-03 14:18:36

Greetings; I've just assumed maintainership for Boost.Pool, so please bear with me as I work through the code.

I can't see any obvious reason why this would be failing. Defining static data members (i.e. owned_base::pool) in a header file always makes me a little nervous, though. I've seen too many cases where compilers foul up the ODR under such conditions; GCC 3.4.6 is a bit old...

Could you provide a stack trace of the crash? That would make it easier to get some traction on what might be going wrong here. Thanks.

-Chris