From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-03 22:44:06

AMDG

Michael Marcin wrote:
> Steven Watanabe wrote:
>> AMDG
>>
>> Michael Marcin wrote:
>>> That is annoying but it seems like a trailing slash at the end of a
>>> path would be enough to differentiate paths to files from paths to
>>> directories.
>>
>> Doesn't that force the path constructor to access the file system?
>>

> I think it just forces the user to supply a path that meets this
> criteria.

1) I for one would be very surprised by a library that requires this. No
  tool that I can think of works this way.
2) How do you deal with an input parameter that can be either a
  file or a directory? Do you have to determine which it is before
creating a path?
  The boost::filesystem functions for determining this take paths...

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe