From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-04 04:30:30

> In general noone would write a function that took an int by const reference
> because doing so doesn't make sense from a performance standpoint. However
> often times we pass these trivial types to functions generically written to
> take const T&.

While I agree with it from a convenience-oriented point of view, I don't
think using a reference is any slower than passing the POD by value.
My point is that it'd not make a difference if sizeof(const T&) ==
sizeof(T).
Does anyone knows of have some kind of benchmark showing passing an int by
const ref is actually slower than by value?

Thanks,
Philippe