From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-04 07:41:52

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:44:20 +0200, Chris Fairles
<chris.fairles_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Hi Stefano and Chris,

> [...]
>> I am very interested in this library and I have always thought it was an
>> important missing piece in boost. I'm happy that you have taken over and
>> revived the project.
>>
>> I can organize some tests on a POSIX platform.

the sample programs (in libs/process/example) and the tests (in
libs/process/test) all compile fine on Windows. The only two tests which I
couldn't check are posix_child_test.cpp and posix_launcher_test.cpp. If
you can check if all the programs build successfully on a POSIX platform
it would be already great!

I don't know if you have an idea what to put into the Jamfiles? I built
all programs successfully with VC++ 2008 but didn't use Boost.Build. You
probably need to invoke g++ or another compiler manually as it's very
likely that the Jamfiles don't work.

> [...]I've been using boost.process for quite some time. I've made some
> hefty modifications to the posix parts to allow ptraceing of child
> processes, the code is available here:
> http://skotty.coffeebuzzin.com/browser/trunk/boost

There are so many modifications that I wonder if you used another
Boost.Process snapshot. Did you use Boost.Process 0.1 from the Boost
Vault? I ask as apart from your modifications in the POSIX parts there are
other classes like boost::process::self which I've never seen before. Did
you add this class or where does it come from? If you used Boost.Process
0.1 to make your modifications can you create a patch so I can see in
detail what you changed?

Boris