From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-05 13:34:14

Current testing shows two compilers failing to link tests for the wide
character version of the seriliazation library.

For Comeau - the error is symbol already defined. It appears that certain
symbols are instantiated in both the serialization library and its wide
character brother. This results in a failure to link the tests.

For Intel, there is a cryptic message related to symbol count - so it might
or might not be the same issue.

I would appear that the same code is getting instantiated in both libraries.
If my analysis is correct, this problem could appear for any application
which links to two or more boost libraries which use boost exception. Since
we don't explicitly test for this, this we would generally have no way of
knowing about this.

Could whoever is responsible for the exception library please look into
this?

I hope that the version in the trunk has not yet been merged into the
release.

Robert Ramey