From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-05 20:33:12

here is the one for Comeau
 http://tinyurl.com/68zwq8

The comeau pre-linker complains when building wserialization.lib
(which depends up serialization.lib) about multiply defined symbols.

here is the one for Intel

and http://tinyurl.com/6zxm77

Of course I don't know this this is the same thing as the message
is not informatiive. I'm just speculating that the usage of the
term "symbol count" might suggest a similar problem when
the intel code tries to link.

Thanks for looking into this.

Robert Ramey

Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> The first link is broken.
>
> The second link indicates ld internal error. How is this related to
> Boost Exception?
>
> Hint: you can check if Boost Exception causes problems by disabling it
> temporarily -- just #define BOOST_EXCEPTION_DISABLE (this does not
> disable exceptions, it only reverts <boost/throw_exception.hpp> to its
> legacy behavior.)
>
> HTH,
> Emil Dotchevski
> Reverge Studios, Inc.
> http://www.revergestudios.com/reblog/index.php?n=ReCode
>
> On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>>> I routinely link boost::thread, boost::regex and boost::filesystem
>>> (which I assume all use boost::exception through
>>> boost::throw_exception) in the same executable, on msvc 8/9 and on
>>> linux/gcc.
>>>
>>> Perhaps the failure you are reporting is platform specific? If so,
>>> could you provide a log?
>>
>> here is the one for Comeau
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/68zwq8
here is the one for Intel