From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-06 19:26:31

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:44:20 +0200, Chris Fairles
<chris.fairles_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]I've been using boost.process for quite some time. I've made some
> hefty modifications to the posix parts to allow ptraceing of child
> processes, the code is available here:
> http://skotty.coffeebuzzin.com/browser/trunk/boost

Chris,

I've merged the code in the sandbox with my Boost.Process version 0.2. I'm
going now through your POSIX-specific modifications.

In boost/process/detail/pipe.hpp you've added a call to ::fcntl to make a
pipe non-blocking. Is this something you needed for your own application
or which you think should be part of an official Boost.Process library (if
it ever is reviewed and accepted)? I see that the macro
USE_NONBLOCKING_READ_PIPE needs be defined. But I wonder if it's not
better to provide direct access to a pipe to the library user so he can
set all kind of options himself?

Same question about ptrace and the various rlimit variables which were
added to boost/process/detail/posix_ops.hpp - application-specific (added
because you need them in your application) or in your opinion useful for
all Boost.Process users?

I will need some more days before I can release another Boost.Process
version as the test programs and documentation still need to be updated.

Boris