From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-06 22:30:55

Daryle Walker wrote:
> Do you mean changing the "using gcc ;" line to "using gcc : : :
> <linker-type>darwin ;"?

No.

> But doing "bjam-svn --help gcc.init" makes it
> seems that the "linker-type" should have been chosen by default?
>
> ..
>
> Hmm, doing that change made it work! However, I got a help message from
> doing "bjam-svn --help darwin.init" too. Does this mean I should add a
> "using darwin ;" line in my user-config.jam?

Yes. The darwin.jam support the Xcode Apple GCC compilers, which is
decidedly different than the stock GNU GCC compilers on MacOSX.

> Would that line complement
> or replace the current GCC line?

If you are using *only* Xcode only use the darwin toolset.

> Building the Hello example after my last SVN update didn't change
> anything. Are you assuming that I'm actively using the 10.2 SDK? I'm
> not, but...

Not really assuming. It's just that we have a fixed list of SDK
versions. And I didn't initially include 10.2, my mistake.

> ..I have all of the SDKs I can support. I'm on a Mac OS X 10.4
> (PowerPC) system. The versions of XCode that my OS supports can retain
> multiple SDKs. Besides the native 10.4 (Universal) SDK, I also have the
> SDKs for 10.3.9, 10.2.8, and the super secret 10.1(.5?)[1] loaded. So
> far, I've only used the native 10.4 one. Boost.Build must be able to
> deal with the presence of multiple SDKs, and (generally) pick the
> latest; if it can't, then a bug report needs to be filed.

It does, and it automatically detects which ones you have. But you have
more SDKs than is usual. I haven't heard of anyone still mucking about
with 10.1. Heck, I don't even know where you can download the thing.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything