From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-08 16:52:43

Gennaro Prota wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>>> It's a false alarm.
>>>
>>> The script is looking at the file size, and assuming the contents are
>>> different if the size is different. For these files:
>>>
>>> boost/mpi/detail/mpi_datatype_primitive.hpp different size
>>> boost/mpi/detail/packed_oprimitive.hpp different size
>>>
>>> The size is different (and I've used several ways to look at the
>>> sizes) even though contents are the same.
>>>
>>> I'll track down what is happening and fix the script to avoid the
>>> problem in the future.
>>
>> Ha! Those two files differ at the binary level. The one in
>> branches/release has lines terminated with 0x0d 0x0a, while the one in
>> trunk is all 0x0a terminations.
>
> Scratching my head... doesn't the script work on *checked-out* copies?
> Because in that case svn:eol-style (set to native)...

That's a good question!

As an experiment, I deleted the file from both my working copies, then
updated the directories to get fresh copies. This time both are the same
length, and both use CR/LF line terminations. That's as expected given
the machine runs Windows.

I'll do a fresh checkout of my trunk working copy. It is an old one that
may have checked out some files before our svn:eol-style processing was
finalized.

Thanks for bringing this up!

--Beman