From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-08 20:51:28

on Tue Jul 08 2008, Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard-AT-ens-lyon.org> wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> Sean Parent has stated that he'd be happy for any parts of ASL to be
>> merged into Boost. Is Eve part of ASL?
>>
>> I'm not sure what makes the most sense here.
>
> Adam & Eve are languages, interpreters, environments etc.

  http://stlab.adobe.com/group__eve__engine.html

    Layout Library (Eve)

  http://stlab.adobe.com/group__asl__tutorials__eve.html:

    Eve is broken up into two distinct pieces: the parser and the
    engine. Note that both components exist completely independently of
    each other, though they are built in a way that they bind together
    easily. We will discuss both components in turn. There is also a
    third component, referred to herein as the assemblage code, which is
    the client-specified code that binds the parser to the engine.

Seems like a library plus some other significant parts.

> Does it really make it sense to put these in Boost, which is a
> repository of C++ libraries?

I honestly don't know.

--
Dave Abrahams