From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-09 12:00:55

Hi Sergei,

Sergei Politov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found the following problem with message_queue on win32 (MSVC 2008
> + Windows Vista).

Sadly, Interproces message queues are built above interprocess_mutex and
interprocess_condition and they don't support process termination. It's
not a bug, because they never tried to be termination-safe, but if you
have an idea on how to do that without kernel support, I'm glad if you
could help. In windows shared memory is emulated with mapped files, so
it's possible that the mapped file will get corrupted if you kill processes.

Sorry for the bad news,

Ion