From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-10 11:06:11

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Wed Jul 09 2008, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:
>
>> Below is a more accurate list of headers and libraries whose header
>> files appear to differ between the trunk and branches/release.
> What does it mean if my library appears in the list but none of its
> headers show up?

To keep the size of down, only the library names are given. The header
names are only given for the headers in boost-root/boost.

See below for how to get more detail.

>> swap.hpp
>
> The above is a new feature of the utility lib, not for release in 1.36

OK.

>> Libraries:
>>
>> iterator
>> parameter
>> python
>> utility
>
> What, specifically, are we concerned about with these libs?

See trunk/tools/release/diff_trunk_release.bat for a little Windows
command line tool:

   @echo off
   if not %1$==$ goto usage_ok
   echo Usage: diff_trunk_release library-name
   goto done

   :usage_ok
   svn diff http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release/boost/%1
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/boost/%1
   svn diff http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release/libs/%1
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/%1

   :done

Sorry, but I haven't had time to create a bash version.

If you run it like this:

   D:\boost\trunk\tools\release>diff_trunk_release parameter | grep
"Index: " | sed 's/Index: //'

Output is:

macros.hpp
aux_/cast.hpp
aux_/set.hpp
aux_/python/invoker.hpp
aux_/tagged_argument.hpp
aux_/arg_list.hpp
aux_/default.hpp
preprocessor.hpp
doc/html/reference.html
doc/html/python.html
doc/html/index.html
doc/reference.rst
doc/index.rst

If you run "diff_trunk_release parameter", you will get an actual diff
of the differences.

I've run it for each of the four libraries you mentioned, and all appear
to have unmerged changes. Of course I have no way of knowing if these
should go in 1.36.0 or be held for 1.37.0.

--Beman