From: Michael Marcin (mike.marcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-10 11:23:12

Steven Ross wrote:
> I can remove the Hungarian notation. Is there any suggested notation, or
> should I just use names that make sense, and try to be similar to standard
> libraries?
> __last and __first were copied from std::sort. Is there a good reason I
> shouldn't use the same notation?

[lib.global.names] 17.4.3.1.2 Global names
1 Certain sets of names and function signatures are always reserved to
the implementation:
- Each name that contains a double underscore (__) or begins with an
underscore followed by an upper-
case letter (2.11) is reserved to the implementation for any use.
- Each name that begins with an underscore is reserved to the
implementation for use as a name in the
global namespace.
165)