From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-11 14:44:30

> shared_ptr.hpp

What a pain. This has diverged from the release version considerably and
contains diffs of all kinds - some are to be merged, some are not to be
merged, some can be merged but are somewhat risky, and others have no other
purpose apart from making the job more difficult. Add to that that the
committee changed the atomic interface to free functions just to make the
current (ready and tested) implementation non-release-able.

The two options I see is (1) ignore everything and release as-is, (2) let me
try and merge as much as I can and see how it goes, then optionally fall
back to (1) if things don't go well.