From: =??B?Smn47SBQYWxl6GVr?= (jpalecek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-12 12:50:26

Hello,

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> Ji <jpalecek <at> web.de> writes:
>
>> I have a test that uses many BOOST_CHECKs (~ 10 thousands or so). Running
>> that
> test is very slow and I have
>> noticed most of the time is spent by formatting the description string to
>> be
> passed to check_impl, only to
>> be ignored, because I don't want to log successful checks (and they are
> successful).
>>
>> I have improved this by using some kind of expression template for this
> (called lazy_output). It works like this:
> Thanks you very much for the idea. I've implemented it a bit differently
> and extended to support manipulators. Also I've integrated it with UTF
> internals a
> bit more. Checked into svn in 47258.

Thank you. Now, I have taken it one step further and used the same trick on the other arguments of check_impl (that is, argument values of predicate checks). I left the CHECK_BITWISE_EQUAL and CHECK_EQUAL_COLL taking plain old const char*, because they never take more than a string literal. The other checks' arguments are converted to lazy_ostream const*.

Regards
    Jiri Palecek