From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-07-15 07:02:27

Chris Newbold escribió:
> [...]

There is no such guarantee indeed, but the fix does NOT rely on
initialization rules
for non-local objects, but on the initialization rules for *local*
objects with static
storage duration (6.7/4): the singleton is a local static object inside
the function
singleton_default<T>::instance(), which is explicitly invoked inside
fast_pool_allocator
ctors via singleton_pool<...>is_from() (if you apply the fix, that is).

The non-local object involved in singleton_default<T>, namely
singleton_default<T>::create_object is there to guarantee that
singleton_default<T>::instance() is invoked, and thus the singleton
created in
dynamic initialization time *if no one has done it before*.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo