From: Lubomir Bourdev (lbourdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-15 13:49:51

Falco Hirschenberger wrote:
> As I read from the documentation, GIL supports N-dimensional image
> concepts but lacks an Implementation
> of 'PointNDConcept', 'RandomAccessNDImageViewConcept',
> 'RandomAccessNDImageConcept'
> and 'RandomAccessNDLocatorConcept' for 3d images.
> Has anybody implemented these as extension to GIL or is it on the TODO
> list?
> What do you think will be the effort to implement them? Is it a
no-brainer
> by just implementing the concepts similar to the 2d counterparts or
will
> there be some difficulties from the design?

Falco,

It would be great to have models of 3-dimensional GIL concepts, so GIL
can be used for video, for example.
I am not aware of anyone doing this so far.
I don't foresee any particular difficulties in extending GIL to 3D. If
you are interested in developing this extension I will be happy to help
with any questions you may have along the way.

Lubomir