From: Emil Dotchevski (emil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-16 03:40:04

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:25 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>
>> That it is a bad idea to avoid testing an (even stable) library
>> against the (unstable) trunk just because this may produce bogus
>> failures.
>
> I don't see my proposal as avoiding testnig. In my proposal
> the each library runs all its tests. When merged into release
> ALL the tests are run there by detected any unintentional
> and/or unannounced / unaddressed interface changes. All the tests being
> run now are run under my proposal. Its just that the testing
> procedure more effectively uses the available resources
> and better serves developers.

Then perhaps I didn't understand your proposal. Can you clarify the following:

"
a) Testing on the trunk is not as helpful as it should be. My
tests results fluctuate all the time as changes in other libraries
ripple through to my tests.

Proposal:All tests for a particular library should be run against
the latest or next release.
"

I read it as you don't want to test against trunk and instead you want
to test against the last and the next release.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.