From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-16 17:59:36

> I think that instead of formal disclaimer, we can adopt some kind of
> rating for the stability/matureness of each library. Something like
> "new" / "mature" / "stable"?

actually as "disclaimer" in the introduction of the library is
probably just fine. My concern is that I felt, that some
developer's (not just boost) don't appreciate thier
libraries are to other people and underestimate the
impact and inconvenience that these changes cause. Just
puting in such a disclaimer is probably enough to remind
the developer to ask himself - "wait a minute - if I do
that won't and old program fail in a silent way".

And of course these kinds of discussions sometimes make
an impression.

Robert Ramey

> One of the stated purposes of Boost is as a test bed for libraries
> before they are considered for standardization. So I don't think that
> the disclaimer says anything new.

I suppose that's true. But for me, boost is the source of
well documented and tested code that I can count on to
"just work". This is key to me - that is the source of my perspective.

Robert Ramey