From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-22 04:18:39

Hi John,

Thanks to have taken the time to test my code. You had the same result
as Barend, who was able to reproduce the problem with GCC cygwin
(3.4.4) but not MSVC. But the strange thing is that for me, the
problem occurs for any compiler (MSVC or GCC). I really don't
understand. Here is the list of compilers tested:
- Barend: MSVC 8 Express (succeeds), cygwin GCC 3.4.4 (fails)
- Me: MSVC 8 (fails), MSVC 9 Express (fails), GCC 4.2.3 (fails)

I don't think there can be any functional difference between the
express and normal version of the same MSVC so I don't understand.
Could you precise the exact version you used?

I've attached my MSVC compilation results to the mail.

Bruno