From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-23 12:32:08

Hi Bruce,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Bruce Trask <bruce.trask_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Dean,
>
> Take a look at libs/test/example/unit_test_example_07.cpp for suite
> level fixtures (for your case below) and
> libs/test/example/unit_test_example_09_1.cpp for global level fixtures.

Thanks, I've elected to convert my tests to use
BOOST_FIXTURE_TEST_CASE ( testname, fixture_class_name ) instead. Now
though, everything looks redundant because I have to put the name of
the fixture class everywhere I have BOOST_FIXTURE_TEST_CASE (...).

I notice that there's a global level fixtures, but I'm more interested
in something that get constructed/destroyed with every test case
invocation -- much like the setUp() and tearDown() overloads in the
xUnit family of frameworks.

I looked at the implementation of BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE (...) and saw
that it deferred to BOOST_FIXTURE_TEST_CASE (...). Would it then be
possible to define the class name of the BOOST_AUTO_TEST_FIXTURE
class, instead of being defaulted to an empty class?

> The docs on patmedia.com disappeared over weekend but Gennadiy is
> finding a new home for it.

Okay, why isn't the docs for Boost.Test not part of the 1.35.0 release
though? Is this a separate set of documentation you're referring to?

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.