From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-24 13:03:51

Robert Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 2:54 AM, Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> One more. Phoenix is up for review, hopefully soon. I'd appreciate a
>
>>review.
>>

> If I could I'd be delighted, but I don't feel remotely qualified to express
> such
> an authoritative opinion.
>
> Thanks to all for info tho'.
>
> - Rob

   Rob (and all others),

   Please reconsider. The goal of the review process is not just to
check the internal details of the library, but also to look at how
usable and understandable a library is. Yes, expert opinions on the
details of the implementation are important to the process, but so are
the experiences of interested potential users. After all, a library that
gets all the technical details right but scares off every new user who
takes a look isn't a very useful library.

   The only real requirement for submitting a review is that you have an
interest and are willing to put in enough of your own time to have
experiences to base your opinion on. Every review that meets that
standard is a good and useful review.

                        John Phillips

PS - I'm one of the Review Wizards, but this is not an official
statement. That said, I expect most of the active members of Boost would
agree with the ideas here.