From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-25 02:31:35

Hi Gregory,

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Gregory Dai <gregory.dai_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Anyone tried building a web service client based on existing boost library
> components such as asio? Like to share, or brag :-) about your experience?

When you say web service client, is this just generally anything that
passes through HTTP?

In this case there's a currently on-going effort (not making too much
progress though with other "real world" things going on) to create a
networking library on top of Boost.Asio as the base and provide simple
implementations of protocol clients. Initial protocol scheduled to be
implemented is an extensible HTTP client. You can get more information
on the poject here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpp-netlib.

> A web service server is probably more involved. Doing a client should be a
> nice first step, and helps build a common foundation forward.

I personally have done a high performance HTTP container in C++ using
modern C++ programming techniques (policies, metaprogramming, etc.) on
top of Boost.Asio -- and it's proving to be very nice indeed. Can't
share more than that though. ;-)

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.