From: Brian Davis (bitminer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-25 08:27:16

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 12:31 AM, Gregory Dai <gregory.dai_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Anyone tried building a web service client based on existing boost library
> components such as asio? Like to share, or brag :-) about your experience?

The answer here for me is no, but... I did look at the architecture coupled
with the new boost::iostreams library so here is what I basically asked at
BostCon 2008 during the ASIO presentation.

Would it make sense to use ASIO and boost iostreams (filters) to make a
communications foundations layer which would provide the following:

Client->boost::iostream::HTTP->boost::iostream::SSL->ASIO->~network~->ASIO->boost::iostream:SSL::boost::iostream::HTTP->Server

iostreams library has the concept of filters which could provide
transformations on data. I also looked into creating stream operators like
std::endl (an example) to preform actions on the stream. These are just my
thoughts for what they are worth.

Brian