From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-25 19:02:28

Zach Laine wrote:
> I've been eagerly anticipating the new version of Spirit ever since
> BoostCon 07. I've been using the code from the release branch to play
> around with it a bit, and I have a few concerns about its usability.

Thanks for trying Spirit2, Zach. Your experience and feedback will
be very valuable. It will help us refine Spirit2. We've tagged
Spirit2 as beta for 1.36. Spirit "classic" still takes center
stage. Hopefully, by 1.37, we've smoothened out all the rough
edges, finished writing a comprehensive set of docs, etc.

I'll reply to each of your notes later.

> On a different note, two of the Qi examples do not compile. They are
> actions and calc3_lexer. I did not try to compile the others
> (Karma, etc.). All tests (for everything -- not just Qi) pass.

actions.cpp started acting strangely recently. Seems to be a proto bug
only on g++. VC++ is ok. It shouldn't concern you though if you are
not using plain function actions. calc3_lexer will not be in the release.
It's an old artifact, it seems. It's not in the Jamfile. Hartmut?

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com