From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-28 00:12:12

Robert Ramey wrote:

> The reason I ask is that the serialization library uses
> spirit to parse xml archives. Recently, I made changes
> to make the library thread-safe. I did this without using
> mutexes/locks by confine all non-const operations to
> construction and destruction and using static object
> constructed/destructed at pre-main and post main
> time time. Although the jury is still out on this, I believe
> it will make the serialization library thread safe without
> the need for using threading primitives and libraries.

What happens if one explicitly loads a dynamic library, which uses
serialization? I'd guess the types serialized by that library should
be added to the global table of serialized type (at least for types
marked with BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT), so it's non-const operation done
after main. Am I missing something?

- Volodya