From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-28 10:52:04

On Jul 28, 2008, at 4:36 AM, Markus Schöpflin wrote:

> Now I have the following issues:
>
> 1) I need to increase the maximum number of pending instantiations,
> it seems that the default value of the compiler (64) is not enough.
> This is also true for the acc toolset, AFAICT.

That's the price of exhaustive testing. Have you tried setting
CONTROL_FULL_COUNTS to 0? (That preprocessor flag is made to be
overridable by your command-line parameters.) That'll reduce the
number of bit-count cases to just 8 or so, but you might miss some
important cases (like bit-count == 0).

> 2) I get a number of compile time errors along the lines of:
>
> cxx: Error: integer_test.cpp, line 623: expression must have a
> constant value
> (exprnotconst)
> BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL( static_cast<typename
> ----^
> cxx: Error: ../../../boost/integer.hpp, line 375: class
> "boost::maximum_unsigned_integral<<error-constant>>" has no member
> "type"
> (notmember)
> detected during instantiation of class
> "boost::uint_value_t<Value> [with Value=<error-constant>]" at line
> 623 of "integer_test.cpp"
> typedef typename maximum_unsigned_integral<Value>::type least;
> ---------------------------------------------------------^
>
> It looks like all EDG based compilers are flagging this error, see
> for example http://tinyurl.com/58s3zc.

I've tried redoing how the compile-time integral constants are made.
Try out revision 47852.

> 3) There are quite a few warning about truncation of values or sign
> changes, where I can't tell whether they are expected or not.

I saw those in the same URL you gave. Those tests are supposed to
set either the highest bit or the highest mantissa and/or sign bit,
roll off the highest bit in a shift while adding the old bit value
back in, then confirm that the value didn't change. (If I missed the
highest bit, then it wouldn't roll off and the value will change.)
Any compiler that warns about bits rolling off or transitioning
between the mantissa and sign areas will complain.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie