From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-30 04:07:58

On Jul 29, 2008, at 3:41 PM, Gubenko, Boris wrote:

> Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>> As long as its only needed for running the regression tests,
>> I'll just go ahead and modify the compiler parameters in my
>> local configuration file.
>
> Since setting CONTROL_FULL_COUNTS to zero fixes compilation error
> on HP-UX/aC++ also, would not it make sense to set the macro in the
> source -- integer_test.cpp -- for all affected compilers?

The CONTROL_FULL_COUNTS setting is there so I wouldn't go insane
waiting while compile-checking any little tweaks I add, not for
general use. (The compile times went from 2 to 20 minutes when I
switched from sampled to comprehensive testing.) I always use
comprehensive tests before I commit a change. (I found at least one
last-second error that way.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie