From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-31 17:21:01

On Jul 31, 2008, at 5:05 PM, Brian Davis wrote:
> Moral of the story: Switch to a better Source Control Management
> Tool. I
> have experienced issues in both Linux (both command line, rapid, and
> eclipse
> svn plugin subeclipse), cygwin (command line), and Win32 (native
> using only
> TortoiseSVN). I have experienced issues in all three. With only
> one lost
> day consider yourself lucky. SVN corruption is just a matter of time.

Boost will not consider another source code management tool without a
complete plan for hosting the Boost repository, including details
regarding who administers the server, where that server is located,
whether it can handle our bandwidth requirements, etc, along with a
plan for migrating all of Boost's tools and processes on all platforms
to this new system. Without a comprehensive plan, any discussions of
alternative source code management systems for Boost are merely noise
on this mailing list, and distract us from what we do best: build
great libraries for the C++ community.

        - Doug