From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-01 10:59:55

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Hervé Brönnimann
<hervebronnimann_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> This is not related to fixed-point per se, but why did boost.operators
> choose the spelling euclidian instead of the more common euclidean? I did
> check the Merriam-Webster, and both spellings are accepted (to my surprise),
> but I believe that most mathematicians use Euclidean...

I'm surprised too - I've never seen it spelled otherwise. I checked
the APIs we're currently using and they all use Euclidean. Google
pulls up 3,820,000 for euclidean, and 325,000 for euclidian (it also
says "Did you mean: euclidean").

In Google Code Search it pulls up 44,600 for euclidean, and 7,000 for euclidian.

--Michael Fawcett