From: Brook Milligan (brook_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-01 12:11:39

Steven Watanabe writes:
> Jamroot is kind of odd. It ignores the targets created with boost-install.
> Try adding dll-path to this one:
>
> # Complete install
> package.install install-proper
> : $(install-requirements) <install-no-version-symlinks>on
> :
> : libs/$(libraries)/build
> : $(headers)
> ;

Thank you very much. This does in fact create libraries with rpath
defined when I build all of boost.

Would it make sense to modify this web page

> > http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/faq/dll-path.html

to indicate that more explicitly? I know I never would have figured
it out without your help, but would have immediately found the correct
answer if the page was more complete.

I'm not certain of the use of the 'stage installed ...' Jamroot
fragment on the web page, because that did not work for me. Perhaps
it does for others. Had that been replaced by the following (and the
note that this was referring to Jamroot):

> # Complete install
> package.install install-proper
> : $(install-requirements) <install-no-version-symlinks>on
> <dll-path>/usr/lib/snake
> :
> : libs/$(libraries)/build
> : $(headers)