From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-03 15:09:49

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently updated to Boost trunk and now I cannot build any QuickBook
>> documentation. I get the following error:
>>
>> /home/lastique/src/boost/trunk/tools/build/v2/build/virtual-target.jam:1032:
>> in virtual-target.register-actual-name from module virtual-target
>> error: Duplicate name of actual target: <phtml>standalone_HTML.manifest
>> error: previous virtual target {
>> boostbook%boostbook.docbook-to-htmldir-standalone_HTML.manifest.HTMLDIR
>> { boostbook%boostbook.boostbook-to-docbook-bimap.docbook.DOCBOOK {
>> quickbook%quickbook.quickbook-to-boostbook-bimap.xml.XML {
>> bimap.qbk.QUICKBOOK } } } }
>> error: created from libs/bimap/doc/standalone
>> error: another virtual target {
>> boostbook%boostbook.docbook-to-htmldir-standalone_HTML.manifest.HTMLDIR
>> { boostbook%boostbook.boostbook-to-docbook-bimap.docbook.DOCBOOK {
>> quickbook%quickbook.quickbook-to-boostbook-bimap.xml.XML {
>> bimap.qbk.QUICKBOOK } } } }
>> error: created from libs/bimap/doc/standalone
>> error: added properties: <link>static
>> error: removed properties: <link>shared
>
> You appear to build documentation twice, once with <link>static and once with
> <link>shared.
>
> Would you please provide the exact command line you've used?

./bjam release ./libs/bimap/doc

I tried without "release" too, with the same effect.

Adding "link=shared" seems to help, thanks! However, it looks quite
surprising that settings like linking mode, release/debug build and
others matter for building documentation. At least, some reasonable
defaults would be great if these settings are really needed.