From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-04 15:04:26

AMDG

Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> Also, I am not necessarily advocating strong exception guarantee. I
> would be fine if the semantics of operator= were such that it may
> leave the object in a particular unusual state. The problem is that as
> it is now, it may leave the object in a seemingly OK state.

*
"Implementation Note*: So as to make the behavior of |variant|
more predictable in the aftermath of an exception, the current
implementation
prefers to default-construct |boost::blank| if specified as a bounded type
instead of other nothrow default-constructible bounded types. (If this is
deemed to be a useful feature, it will become part of the specification for
|variant|; otherwise, it may be obsoleted. Please provide feedback to the
Boost mailing list.)"

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe