From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-05 04:42:01

Eric Niebler wrote:
> I'm trying to merge from trunk to my private branch
> (branches/proto/v4) using svnmerge.py, and it's failing with the
> following error:
> svn: File 'libs\wave\samples\waveidl\idllexer\idl.re' has inconsistent
> newlines
> svn: Inconsistent line ending style
>
> Does anybody know how I can work around this?

If it's listed as a text file, but the line endings don't match the platform
convension then you will get that error: typically if you edit under Windows
and then try and commit under Linux or something. Try using your favourite
editor or dos2unix or similar to clean up the line ending so they match the
platform convention, and then try to commit again.

HTH, John.