From: Andrew Sutton (asutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-06 08:10:55

> I was wondering why put_get_helper shouldn't be three structs
> (put_helper,
> get_helper, put_get_helper, with the latter deriving from from the
> formers)
> instead of one? My rationale is outlined below along with the
> proposed code.

The put_get_helper is just something used internally to abbreviate
the construction of lots of different property maps. However,
building property maps is pretty trivial: it's just a structure with
1-3 operations and a couple of free functions. I don't really see the
need for an expanded framework to help build them.

You might also consider that the BGL is fairly dated and stagnant,
and in need of some serious TLC. Whether or not property maps
continue to exist in the same form in future renditions of the
library is anybody's guess - I'm leaning towards "no".

Andrew Sutton
asutton_at_[hidden]