From: Chris Knight (cknite_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-06 13:26:24

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 12:03:27 pm Andrey Semashev wrote:
> I don't see the connection between rtti/virtuals and event deferring.
> Anyway, in case of Boost.FSM virtual functions are only used for enter
> state handlers in case of run-time version of state switching. Type info
> is used for convenience only - it provides default state names and
> diagnostic information in case of exceptions.

template< typename T > void on_process(T const&);

void on_process_dynamic(base_event const& base)
{
        base->some_virtual();
        // or
        m_events[base->id].some_non_virtual();
}

My only point was that with a little bit of help from the library,
implementing dynamic/defferred event processing should be possible.

Chris