From: Alexander Dong Back Kim (alexdbkim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-08 20:51:45

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Dean Michael Berris
<mikhailberis_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Alexander Dong Back Kim
> <alexdbkim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > What I want to ask here is how I can avoid to create a file and fill the
> > data array instead by using boost serialization? Any comments will be
> > appreciated.
> >

> Try using a stringbuf, then wrap it in an std::ostream, which you then
> use to initialize the archive:
>
> std::stringbuf buffer;
> std::ostream stream(&buffer);
> text_oarchive archive(stream);
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Dean Michael C. Berris
> Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.

Thanks for the hint! Since I was deal with byte array I couldn't think about
using stringbuf. However, I realized that char array is byte array anyway so
stringbuf can be used anyway so your suggestion is perfectly suit for my
case. Thanks a lot =)

--
Alexander Dong Back Kim
Australia +61 433 469 100 / Korea +82 10 6357 8840