From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-08 22:34:48

AMDG

Daryle Walker wrote:
> Is the depth actually independent of the toolset? Also, the number of
> full test cases is dependent on how large uintmax_t is; what happens
> when computers get bigger and/or use a different value outside of the
> 8/16/32/64-bit mindset? Is the problem affecting every test computer
> with these compilers, or just yours? If we use a default value for a
> parameter, it can increase as the creator updates the product; if we
> fix the value, then the burden of vigilance falls to us.

If the default value is too small with any toolset, than we need to keep
it updated. There is no guarantee that compiler vendors will keep their
default values in sync with the requirements of Boost tests, either.
Does it cause any harm to make the value larger than needed?

It doesn't matter if the value is smaller than the default as long
it is big enough for the test case to pass.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe