From: Philipp Reh (sefi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-12 12:22:42

Dear list,

I think GIL is not able to convert an any_image_view to its const equivalent
or I don't know how to do it.
The variant class checks in its constructor if it can hold the given type
but it doesn't have a constructor to convert an any_image_view from one to
another.

Here is a simple piece of code declaring two any_image_views:

typedef boost::gil::any_image_view<
        boost::mpl::vector<
                boost::gil::rgba8_view_t

> image_view;

typedef boost::gil::any_image_view<
        boost::mpl::vector<
                boost::gil::rgba8c_view_t

> const_image_view;

Now when I try to construct a const_image_view from an image_view I get an
std::bad_cast exception.

What can I do about it?

Cheers,
Philipp