From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-13 11:09:30

<snip>

This looks neat and feels C++-ish (rather than IBM JCL - but you're too young to remember that ;-)

Jake Voytko and I concluded similarly when developing Scale Vector Graphics PLotting user interface where there are hundreds of
possible functions (x_axis_color(red), point_color(green)...).

(Watch this space for a enhanced and possibly useable version).

Chaining calls is convenient because you don't need to remember the order.
The compile time seemed a little better too compared to Boost.Parameter, and the setup more intuitive (C++y rather than macros).

Since it now clear that named parameters are not going to in the C++ language proper, I believe that this is best idiom to use.
Despite being unfamiliar, chaining is obvious once you get going with it.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]