From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-15 12:03:03

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Joe Gottman wrote:
>> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> Boost 1.36.0 has been released and is available from SourceForge.
>>> See http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/
>>>
>>> This release include four new libraries:
>>>
>> I just downloaded the version 1.36 and the release history is
>> completely blank.
>
> Grrr...
>
> One of my highest priority tasks for the next release is going to be
> to get a system in place that will automatically scan a release
> snapshot for the presence of certain files, and optionally verify
> size, date, and other properties.

 From the various posts I have read related to the release process it
sounds as if there is still a fair amount of manual work to be done in
the process. Not only does this make life hard for release managers, but
it is also quite error-prone, as this example demonstrates.

Why can't the packaging process be automatized, making it fully
reproducible ? Trying to increase the amount of tests run on the final
package attacs the problem from the wrong end, IMO.

Regards,
       Stefan