From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-17 13:23:02

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 1:08 AM, Sebastian Redl
<sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>>
>> For example, given a host named 'bucket.s3.amazonaws.com', trying to
>> resolve it with Boost.Asio (in 1.35) causes a 'Host not found
>> (authoritative)' error. Is this a known issue, and if so what's my
>> alternative?
>>

> As far as DNS is concerned, there's no difference between the URL of a
> virtual and a singular host. Are you sure you weren't experiencing network
> problems?

Well, doing 'host bucket.s3.amazonaws.com' from the shell works fine
(it recognized that it's a virtualhost) so I don't think I was
experiencing network problems then.

It only seems to occur with Boost.Asio's resolver implementation --
somehow it's not processing aliases correctly.

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.