From: Daniel Wallin (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-18 07:33:11

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Mon Aug 18 2008, "Dean Michael Berris" <mikhailberis-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Another option (that I think Dave Abrahams has been doing) is to use
>> RST [0] to make writing/reading the source documentation easier than
>> having to rely on Boostbook+XSLT (which I personally think is a
>> brittle tool-chain).
>>
>> Quickbook is also a nice documentation language to use, but the
>> reliance on Boostbook+XSLT makes it harder to pull-off. I don't know
>> though if Quickbook can be made to generate HTML directly instead of
>> XML. Joel?
>
> We could "easily" build a python-based BoostBook/DocBook -> xxx
> converter. What I'd actually do, though, is transform
> BoostBook/DocBook into docutils' internal format, then feed that into
> docutils and use its already-written backend writers to generate
> whatever xxx we chose ;-).

If we were to explore that path, http://sphinx.pocoo.org might be of
interest. It's a documentation framework built on docutils, that could
give us a uniform look and feel, plus cross referencing. Seems geared
toward Python, but I'm sure it could be extended with whatever docnodes
we could need.

--
Daniel Wallin
BoostPro Computing