From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-18 16:33:57

Dean Michael Berris wrote:

> Just a thought: If building docs in windows for the release is a pain
> (like most of the time I try it with the Boost.Build+Boostbook+XSLT
> toolchain), shouldn't we just generate the documentation in Linux and
> offer that as a separate download (or packaged with every new
> release)? And would it hurt to have a documentation-only,
> source/header-only, and combined package available from sourceforge?

I think this is an excellent suggestion. What about having a single
christened platform be responsible for the generation of a 'Golden'
source tarball which everything else is then built from. This source
tarball could contain generated docs, so as far as that process is
concerned, you don't have to be as portable as if this was to be run on
every platform where boost is tested on.

Comments ?

       Stefan