From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-21 05:05:36

Jürgen Hunold wrote:
> Hi Daniel !
>
> An'n Donnerstag 21 August 2008 hett Daniel James schreven:
>> No, I'll do something about the inline warning. I don't know what to
>> do for the warnings about std::equal being unsafe. Can I just disable
>> the warning with pragmas?
>
> The compiler says: "To disable this warning, use
> -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS."
>
> Should be easy enough. For more information, grep the mailing list
> archive or the Jamfiles for "SCL_SECURE"

No you don't want to do that: the macro has to be set on the command line
before any headers are included and we can't guarentee that in general. In
any case the user may *want* to see that warning in his code, just not in
Boost code :-/ So pragma's are probably the only way to go (but even those
are less than ideal for complex reasons).

John.