From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-21 17:09:00

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Robert Ramey:

> Legitimate dependencies do exist. A may depend on a bugfix changeset
> of B, > or a new feature changeset of B.

As I said- that would be a bug. In fact this would be an old bug.

>> If merging B into the release branch breaks library A -
>
> _Not_ merging B into release before A is merged may also break the
> newly merged A.

Well, A was already working, then it has already been addressed with
some workaround or something like that. The author of A is stuck
waiting for the author of B to address it in any case. This doesn't
effect things. Unless of course the bugfix breaks the workaround - oh well.

Robert Ramey